Cold weather condition has a direct impact on our health, creating vitamin D deficiency. Enough vitamin D is helping to keep you healthy. Low vitamin D level associates with infection, chronic inflammation, autoimmune diseases, certain malignancy (prostate cancer, endomentrial cancer, skin cancer, pancreatic and colorectal cancer), high blood pressure, heart disease, bone density loss, diabetes.
Most labs recognize normal range of vitamin D 20 – 50 ng/mL. Vitamin D council consider anything less than 40 is deficiency. Functional medicine is accepting 50 ng/ml as an ideal level.
New research shows that vitamin D level relates not only on melatonin but on amount of cholesterol found in the skin and poor functioning gallbladder.
Combination of vitamin D with other fat-soluble and synergistically acting vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K, even more beneficial:
• Powerful antioxidant combination of vitamins A and E
• Support mucosal health
• Supports immune mechanisms
• Support vision
• Support the musculoskeletal system, calcium metabolism
• Vitamins K1 and K2 support coagulation and bone density
• Supports the immune system and the gastrointestinal barrier
• Support cardiovascular system